Today, many people, both popular and ordinary, have their accounts on Instagram. Here they can share photos, pictures, post Stories from their lives and much more. Almost everyone knows an easy way to get likes on Instagram, that is by actively promoting your page, attracting followers and commenting on other people’s posts.
Many users use their accounts to advertise their products or services. For such users, Instagram provides the ability to create a business account. What is it for? What are its advantages and disadvantages? How to set up a business account correctly? Let’s discuss it in our article.
- What is a purpose of a business account?
- Advantages and disadvantages of a business account
- How to set up a business account
What is a purpose of a business account?
First of all, business accounts are beneficial to Instagram itself, because there they can earn significant profit on advertising. For the users, the benefit lies in more advanced features than on personal pages. For example, in a business account there is a feedback feature, i.e. buttons “Call”, “How to get” and e-mail address.
In addition, it is easier to track statistics in a business account. So you can find out what posts are more interesting for the followers, which of them bring new users to the page, etc. This will help promote and improve your profile and business, as well as get 50 likes on Instagram.
Useful article: “IGTV on Instagram: Why is this Feature Needed?”
Advantages and disadvantages of a business account
Speaking about the benefits of a business account, you can highlight the following:
- Easy targeting. Personal page does not give such an opportunity. Instagram offers an automatic collection of the target audience, which is highly discouraged if you want to control the development of your business yourself. To do this, you need to allocate a small budget and spend some time.
- Extended communication. Thanks to the buttons “Call” and “How to get” you can keep in touch with your potential customers. It is worth remembering that not everyone can easily deal with the interface of the account. Therefore, it is desirable to secure a video instruction that explains in detail where these buttons are located and how to use them.
- Detailed data statistics. This function will show the activity of the followers on certain days, how many people clicked from the account link, the number of calls, etc. All actions are free and initially available in the profile.
Among the shortcomings could be:
- failure of communication with Facebook, which is necessary for the full functioning of the server;
- the inability to make your profile closed;
- difficulties in preserving the natural reach of Central Asia.
Useful article: “Instagram: User Psychology”
How to set up a business account
To change your account to a business one, first of all you need to synchronize between Instagram and Facebook. Next you need to open “Settings”, go to the “Account” and “Switch to Business Account”. You will also see the “Try Instagram Business Tools” tab. Then we fill in the registration form.
For other users to see your page, you need to fill in the contact information and mark the profile category.
At the moment, the server offers eight main areas:
- personal blog;
- singer or musical group;
- medicine (beauty and health);
- range of goods and services;
- grocery stores;
- private business.
The list of categories is quite enough to determine exactly what topics your account belongs to. However, Instagram promises to further increase this list.
To switch to a business account or not is the decision of each person. A business profile on Instagram allows entrepreneurs to promote their business more efficiently.